Friday, February 26, 2016

Questions??

10 questions I have about Education


1. What is the connection between connectivity and the struggle for racial freedom?
2. How can connectivity link past and current movements in an engaging and meaningful way for my students.
3. Can connectivity be equitable with web restrictions for students? Specifically, with web restrictions how can connectivity truly be equitable?
4. How can connectivity better shape the African-American educational experience, for both teachers and students?
5. How can we use connectivity  for parent voice?
6. How can connectivity affect students growing up in isolated environments, and how can we provide equitable connectivity for them that is affordable?
7. Could connectivity lead us to a star-trek like existence...(serious but joking, lol)
8. How will connectivity shape higher education and access to it?
9. How can connectivity improve/shape curricula for American history and other non-dominant courses.
10.  How can I combine connectivity to my lessons to help differentiate them between grades and student learning styles?

10 questions I have about myself

1. How can I combine my crafts, my degrees and fight from freedom to sustain my family?
2. Where do I see myself living in 5 years since I hate winter?
3. How can I use connectivity to grow my business as a designer, and curriculum developer?
4. Given my personality quirks, how can connectivity help me better work with colleges, while still connecting with students?
5. Should I listen to my husband and pursue a PhD? (It would be cool to be Dr.'s Amenra, lol....)
6. How do my students honestly see me in the classroom?
7. How can I meet the demands of being a teacher while maintaining my own mental health?
8. After taking the blue pill, as a mother how can I support public schools and provide the best education possible for my daughter?
9. Will I die with student loan debt?
10. Could I ever be the teacher in my dreams? The one who gets to take her kids out of the class everyday and go out into the world with her students learning, or was that only the magic schoolbus?

From what I am reading and learning  equitable connectivity could really change the education game. I would consider myself a huge SCIFI geek, so I am constantly thinking/dreaming about the future and see so may doors that can open. Heck the worlds I have found by simply joining twitter....However having access simply isn't enough. Lana commented on her blog, "It doesn't seem wrong to encourage the rich districts, the rich students and their parents to donate some money to buy the poor districts some computers, help to improve their library, or  buy new equipment in the gym, ...etc." While the idea of this is nice, without the proper questions and guidance the new computers, equipment, etc. would only go so far. Neither side would be completely changed. The poor students would have new computers for a while...the rich kids would feel good for a while. But how does this help the longterm goals of equity? This is the question I am pondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment